Wednesday, December 26, 2007

truffle shuffle

tasty gifts

I had been planning for a while to make some hand-made candies for my mom and Grandma for Christmas. After some research, I cobbled together my own recipe based on ones I found here, here and here. I added Bailey's for some extra deliciousness. Poor Tim traipsed all over Manhattan to find me a melon baller, which ended up not working as expected, so I rolled each truffle by hand. Messy but effective.

Just before I made them, I also saw that Tracy at Shutterbean, my newest favorite site, had made some as well, and I borrowed the candy cane idea from her. I also dipped mine in cocoa powder, chopped white chocolate (food processor worked perfectly to turn it into tiny bits), chopped bittersweet chocolate (same stuff I used to make the ganache centers) and chopped toasted almonds.

I presented them in small Chinese food containers lined with waxed paper and tied with red and silver ribbons. The platter of extras I put out at Christmas dinner was wiped clean pretty quickly, making me think they tasted as good as they looked.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home