Tuesday, September 02, 2008

heirloom caprese

caprese salad

Our inspiration for the brunch menu came from two tasty sources. The first was the herbs my dad grew in his garden. The second was the amazing produce our friend Adam let us have from his CSA while he was out of town this weekend ... I walked right across the street and came back with two big bags of fruit, veggies and fresh eggs.

It was fun to create the dishes around what we'd been given. I knew right away what to do with the big bunch of heirloom tomatoes. Esposito's, my favorite neighborhood source for fresh mozzarella is closed for summer vacation, so I had to try another small Italian grocery story. I sliced up an orange, a red and a green tomato. Added in Dad's basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. I could have eaten the entire plate myself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home