Friday, January 23, 2009

quiet, still morning

7:20 am, Hamilton Park, Jersey City

Today I'm attending services for my former boss and friend Rich, who passed away much earlier than he should have. Rich was a great, funny guy. And he always considered you part of the family, even if you didn't work for him anymore. He loved to tell me over and over that Lou Reed went to Syracuse. I once sat one table away from Lou in a Manhattan restaurant and couldn't wait to get home to email Rich about the sighting.

He became the owner of Matty, the pup I once rescued. Just a couple weeks ago, he sent me an email saying, "He's a great dog ... I think of you often when I think of what a great friend he is to me."

Others who've worked with him have said sweet things about him here and here. He will be missed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home